Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Year Ago Today... He Proposed

me and my sweet man right after he proposed on the beach at sunset!

I love this pic of us, even though I'm blurry and he's sunburned and not-quite-smiling. We snapped this right after he proposed on the beach!


It was the last night of an amazing vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We had spent the week with our dear friends, witnessing two of them getting married. Some of Alan's family was even there, and we had such a great time! It couldn't have been more perfect, I was thinking to myself as we walked along the beach at sunset.
Boy, was I wrong!!
He stopped in his tracks and turned me toward him. "WIll you stop here with me for a minute?" he said. "There's something I want to ask you."
The water rushed up over our sandy feet, and my heart did a back flip in my chest. Oh my gosh, is this what I think it is?? His hands grasped mine and he stared deep into my eyes. I had to fight not to scream "YES!!!" before he had even asked it.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"I've never known anyone like you. You're my best friend - the love of my life - and I want to spend every day for the rest of my life making you happy...
Jessica Barst, I want you to be my wife.
Will you marry me?"
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Tears welled up in my eyes - and possibly his too, but he'll never admit to it. I said yes, of course, about a thousand times. He slipped a beautiful sparkly ring on my finger and I melted into his arms.
beautiful halo diamond ring
I love my gorgeous ring!

This is our history in the making. And he surprises me every day with his kindness, selflessness, and loving nature. I feel like I won the lottery with this man, and every single day I thank my lucky stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment